Monday 6 June 2011

TAUPO WINTER GETAWAY

This Queens Birthday weekend my hubby Brendon and I went to Taupo for a little getaway. We went partly for a winter escape and partly to celebrate my birthday which we didn't get to do properly as I had a nasty cold at the time.




We arrived in Taupo just in time to watch the sun go down and have a stroll by the lake. The trees were still in all their autumn glory.




Then we went and had a nice hot spa in the thermally heated private pools at DeBretts. The next day we put on our adventure hats and went wherever the breeze lead us. We went to Huka Falls and took in the lovely scenery.

Brendon bought me these shoes for my birthday which I just LOVE. I'd been eying them up for a while and now I'm hunting through my wardrobe for outfits to go with them :)

On the drive home we found a driveway lined with beautiful trees that made an archway and littered the road with leaves. It was so pretty we stopped to take a few photos.




We had such great time wining and dining... Can't wait for our next weekend away!

4 comments:

  1. This all sounds so lovely. Beautiful photos!

    I am a new reader of your blog, and I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Abbey, lovin the inglenook.. and the cute mini jelly watermelons. Will have to do that for my next tea party :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog, and thank you for commenting! -Tori xx